We don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. Most Buyers look for homes that are clean, well cared for and bright. A home that shows well can make the difference between an okay offer and a great offer. You can enhance the selling features of your home and make a great first impression if you keep a few simple things in mind....
Checklist for Faster Sales
- Start Packing ~ remove any clutter. Buyers want to see your home not your stuff. By packing items you will not be using before you move will assist Buyers in envisioning their furniture in your home.
- Exterior of your Home ~ cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens, paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storms, screens and/or front door, wash windows. Pressure wash sidewalks.
- Garage ~straighten up, fix or wash doors and windows
- Plumbing~ repair dripping faucets, leaky toilets, clean or replace grout
- Lights~ replace all burned out bulbs, faulty switches
- Halls and stairwells ~replace all burned out bulbs, faulty switches, spot wash where necessary
- Hardware ~ oil hinges, tighten door knobs, faucets
- Kitchen ~ stove, refrigerator, sink should be spotless, all work space clear
- Bathroom ~ neat, spotless and fresh. Wash bathroom mirrors. Repair broken grout around tub
- Closets ~ untidy or over-crowded closets suggest inadequate storage space. All closets and drawers should be only ½ full to ensure a Buyer sees adequate room.
- Cleanliness is critical. The most important step of all. Your home can never be too clean!
Showing Your Home
- Children, pets and Sellers can keep buyers from feeling at ease while they look through a home. For showings, please be out of the house if possible.
- Turn on all lights, or let us turn them on, for the entire showing.
- Open drapes in the daytime, close them at night.
- Fireplace lit in cooler weather and a/c turned on in warmer weather
- Put jewelry and valuables safely away or taken with you
- Strong cooking or smoking odors can ruin a sale. Make sure your home is fresh for showing.